A's Steak and Mushroom Fajitas

You know what they say: Everything is okay in moderation.

I love steak. Man, oh man, do I ever love steak. So this week I decided to make delicious fajitas and throw in my favorite: steak.

Of course, this is a healthy cooking blog, so I recommend going easy on the steak (that makes it better... right?). We're really not talking about a lot of steak here. I cut the steak into tiny strips and put 3 small strip pieces on each fajita, which I found to be sufficient to give me my steak fix without making the dish overly unhealthy. If you're not into steak you could easily replace the steak with a more lean option like chicken or even tofu. As for me... this week I'm eating steak.

This recipe comes from myrecipes, so pop over to myrecipes for the deets. I followed it exactly, except I used multi-grain tortillas instead of corn tortillas and I topped my tacos with cheddar cheese. 

Total time: about 25 minutes. Makes 4 servings (8-10 fajitas).

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
1 (8-ounce) flank steak, trimmed
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
2 cups thinly sliced white onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
2 (4-ounce) packages pre-sliced exotic mushroom blend $1 poblano pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup refrigerated fresh salsa
 
The steps are pretty easy.
 
1. You'll grill your steak.
2. You'll saute your veggies.
3. You'll wrap it all up in a delicious tortilla.
 4.You'll delight the world with your amazing culinary prowess.
 
Adam's taste rating: 4 ladles
Alina's taste rating: 4 ladles
Healthy rating: 3 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 4 ladles
Overall average: 3.75 ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up