Marissa's Thai Tofu Lettuce Wraps

So naturally, as I was making this recipe, I was in a big hurry cooking because we were going to be late to whatever we had planned that night after dinner. So, my pix and process here leave a little something to be desired...

I decided to make tofu lettuce wraps because they are yummy. However, I just glanced at the recipe again and realized they are not all that healthy. 43g fat in one serving? Yikes. I'm going to give them 2 stars for health. I'm guessing it's because of the pb & mayo, mostly. I followed the recipe to a T, except I omitted the chili sauce and used cabbage because I couldn't find the other kind of lettuce. Here are some pics of my process:



Guess what this is a picture of?

Sauce ingredients in the blender.

All blended.

I had to enlist the troops to help so we could eat on time. That's a married hand, ladies.

Colorful, pre-sauce ingredients.

All mixed.

Ta-da!
 My sister-in-law and husband liked the cabbage leaves for the "shell". I didn't like it so much, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I don't know if I would make them again. They were pretty good, but for that amount of calories in one serving, I think it should be REALLY good!

Adam’s taste rating: 4 ladles
Brad’s taste rating: 4 ladles
Healthy rating: 2 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 4 ladles
Overall average: 3.5 ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up