Alina's Yummy Coleslaw


Sometimes a summer day calls for a little coleslaw.

My dad gave me some radishes and scallions from his garden, and so I called upon my Vegetarian Planet cookbook again for a delicious way to use the radishes and scallions. I modified the Vegetarian Planet recipe slightly to make it a little bit healthier and to match the ingredients I had on hand. This straightforward recipe is super simple and makes a delicious slaw, so I would definitely make it again. I served it alongside some buffalo chili.
 Total time: Approximately 10 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.

  • 6 scallions, cut into thin strips
  • A handful of mild radishes, cut into thin matchstick strips
  • 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thin matchstick strips
  • 1 tbsp horseradish
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground black pepper

Mix the scallions, radishes, and carrots in a bowl.
 In a separate bowl whisk together the horseradish, sugar, sour cream, and vinegar. When it's smooth, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
This recipe is really fast if you use a special tool or a food processor to slice your veggies. If you have to manually chop them add some extra time to my time estimate.

Enjoy your fresh summer coleslaw!

 Adam's taste rating: 4 ladles
Alina's taste rating: 3 ladles
Healthy rating: 4 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 4 ladles
Overall average: 3.75 ladles

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hey Alina!
I made this recipe last night, and it was delicious!
I did have to tweak it a little based on what I had in the fridge (and using vegan sour cream).
I halved the carrots and replaced them with a couple salad turnips.
I also switched the red wine vinegar for balsamic vinegar, which tasted great but did make the sauce a weird tan color. :)
Keep the recipes coming,
Ro

Marissa and Alina said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Anonymous So glad you enjoyed it Ro! I bet the balsamic vinegar modification was yummy.

Post a Comment


up