Baked Falafel and Hummus

When I studied abroad in Luxembourg every food joint cost way too much except for the falafel restaurant down the street. My roommates and I ate a lot of falafel sandwiches that semester, and I grew kind of fond of their not-so-healthy goodness. When I stumbled upon this healthier baked version on The Picky Eater trying my own hand at it was a no-brainer. The result was delicious and also managed to be truly healthy! Score!

I followed the recipe exactly and Anjali over at The Picky Eater blog did such a great job, there's really no need to repeat the recipe in depth. Head over to The Picky Eater to check it out! These took me a meager 45 minutes total, and most of that time wasn't active cooking time.

Here are the baked falafels in all their glory:


And the final delicious concoction, which consisted of crispy spinach, baked falafels, creamy humus sauce, and a sprinkling of chopped tomato all stuffed inside a warm pita shell:

Adam's taste rating: 3 ladles
Alina's taste rating: 4 ladles
Healthy rating: 4 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 5 ladles
Overall average: 4 ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up