Grapefruit and Cucumber Salad

I created this grapefruit, cucumber, onion, and jalapeno salad to compliment my delicious crab cakes. It's a zippy, slightly bitter salad that set the crab cakes apart from your average crab cakes. I made some slight modifications to the original recipe I found, such as substituting Greek yogurt for sour cream.

I'm not a big fan of grapefruit, but I decided to step out of my comfort zone for this salad and ended up really liking it! This went super well with my crab cakes, and there's a great chance I'll be whipping up another batch of this salad and some crab cakes again soon.

 Total time: Approximately 10 minutes. Makes 4-6 servings.
Ingredients:
1 six oz container of plain Greek yogurt
1 grapefruit, chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar
A drizzle of honey

Stir everything together until combined.
Garnish the plated dish with a light drizzle of honey. Here it is served with my crab cakes:

Yum! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up