Alina's Delightful Lentil Salad

My mom sent me a recipe for lentil salad that looked good. I usually meal plan a little, but this week I've been extra busy trying to get things wrapped up at work and home before I leave for two weeks of vacation (yes, you heard that right... TWO WHOLE WEEKS!), so I just needed to whip something together. I liked the idea of a lentil salad, so this is what I came up with based on the ingredients I had on hand.



Salad Ingredients
  • 1 small to medium red onion, diced
  • 2 cups lentils, cooked (but be careful not to overcook them!)
  • 1 cup raisins, chopped to be the same size as the onion pieces
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped to be the same size as the onion pieces



Dressing Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • Several tsp salt (to taste)
  • 2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. While the lentils are cooking, combine all of the dressing ingredients and whip them together until well combined.
2. After the lentils cook, run them under cold water, strain them, and toss them with the dressing.
3. Add the onions, carrots, and raisins. Toss everything a little more.
4. Eat it!

Could that be any easier? This was so quick and the dressing had a nice zippy flavor. I'd like to play with variations of this recipe. Have you ever made a lentil salad? Be sure to share if you have any great lentil salad recipes!

Adam’s taste rating: 3 ladles
Brad’s taste rating: ? ladles
Healthy rating: 5 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 5 ladles
Overall average: ? ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up