Alina's Veggie Loaded Pizza on a Butternut Squash Crust

Now that's what I call veggie loaded!
A few weeks ago I made a walnut pesto and mushroom pizza on a butternut squash crust. I also made a veggie loaded version on the same crust. Adam and I thought this was a flavor packed way to get lots of veggies into our diet. We most definitely would make this again!

Check out this post to learn how to make the delicious butternut squash crust.


After making the crust, I chopped the veggies and thinly sliced some mozzerella cheese. The veggies I used were: red peppers, green peppers, broccoli, red onion, mushroom, and tomato. The mozzerella and tomatoes formed the base of the pizza, and then the other veggies were loaded on top of that. I realized after we made this that the cheese simply isn't necessary as long as you load it with lots of tomatos.

Yes, that did come out of my cheese loving mouth: the cheese simply isn't necessary.

I baked it for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven, and that was it! Other than the toppings, crafting this pizza was exactly the same as the other butternut squash pizza. Here it is, just after we took it out of the oven and cut it in half.


I've really become fond of this crust recipe, and have made it again since. It's super versatile... if you don't have butternut squash, use extra flour. If you don't have enough flour, use more butternut squash. If you try this recipe let me know what you think, and let me know what you choose to top it with!

Oh, and look... Adam ate all of his veggies! :)

Adam’s taste rating: 4 ladles
Brad’s taste rating: 2 ladles
Healthy rating: 4 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 5 ladles
Overall average: 3.75 ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up