Marissa's Vegetarian Bean Chili

I was feeling a crock pot recipe, so I decided to go with this bean chili recipe from the Food Network website. I'm typically not one to follow a recipe for chili, but I thought I would give this one a shot, and I was not disappointed.



Here is the ingredient list from my batch:
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 4 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups baby lima beans
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 mini red & yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced (I was out, so I used some garlic powder)
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/3 cup couscous
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Step 1: Put all ingredients (up to the cumin) in the pot. Turn pot on to low.


Step 2: Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours. 10 minutes before serving, add couscous and cook until tender.


Step 3: Salt & pepper to taste. Top with cheese & cilantro and enjoy! I also made cornbread to go with it. YUMMY!

EASY-PEASY.

Brad’s taste rating: 3 ladles
Healthy rating: 4 ladles
Ease of prep rating: 5 ladles
Overall average: 4 ladles

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up